Cauli-ccoli wings by @the_clumsy_vegan 🥦 do you want to try making these? check out the recipe below! 😍
cauliflower: 1 broken into bite sized pieces
broccoli: 1 broken into bite sized pieces
tikka masala mix: 4 tsp divided
chickpea flour: 2 c
water: 1 3/4 cup
1) preheat oven to 175c
2) mix cauliflower, broccoli, sea salt , 2 tsp tikka masala and olive oil in a bowl.
3) transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. allow to completely cool
2) make a smooth thick batter with chickpea flour and water. flavour batter with salt and tikka masala
4) dip cauliflower in batter to evenly coat and transfer to a lined baking sheet (or straight into hot oily to fry)
5) bake for 15-20 minutes till batter is crispy
hungry for more plant-based recipes? our sister site @plantd.co is a fantastic source of plant-based education and recipe inspo! head on over and explore www.plantd.co.
#veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #whatveganseat #veganbowls #veganfood #veganrecipe #plantbased #healthy #plantbasedfood #vegansofig
Healthy nutella!! recipe by @nourishmybliss 🍫🌰 __
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup melted cacao butter
4 tbsp pure cacao powder
1/2 cup plant milk
a pinch of salt
roast the nuts until fragrant - rub in a towel until the skin comes off as much as possible. transfer them to your blender or food processor and blend until you’re left with a smooth nut butter (this might take a while and you might have to stop in between to scrape down the sides but it’s so worth it! be patient ❤️). add the remaining ingredients and blend again. scoop into an airtight container and enjoy!
Craving asian food wherever i go lol 😂 this is some basic food court vietnamese food but oh man i needed it so bad - i've been feeling under the weather this whole trip and i just needed some soup to help me feel better ❤️ this spicy pho definitely hit the spot 😍 they also had vegan spring rolls which were yummy (probably not good for my sickness but good for my soul?) 😁 seriously, there's nothing else in the world as satisfying as asian food 😋
#cheaplazyvegan #vegan #vegansofig #veganism #veganeats #veganfoodie #foodie #veganfoodporn #foodporn #whatveganseat #plantbased #plantstrong #vegansofldn #londonvegan #veganlondon #london #pho #viet
When you literally put everything in a p*t you have at home...🙄 this one has from apples and bananas to potatoes, salad and what not😂 you name it! served with basil and rice.😋 delicious!😍😍
amikor mindent, de tényleg mindent összefőzöl, ami otthon van😂 találjátok ki mik az összetevők és megmondom van-e benne.😋
Whats your fave green food?? 🥦
well mine would be avocado, broccoli and pesto!
the fact that i managed to get all of these in breakfast @sobasocial makes me happy! these guys have nailed simplicity at its best by letting the ingredients speak for themselves: we ordered the soba greens & mushrooms and both were delish 👌🏼 seriously, just look at these juicy mushrooms in pesto, perfectly ripe avocado, crisp toasted sourdough 🤤🤤 yummm this meal left me feeling energized, nourished and vibrant! 🌸
cheerin’ to the rare occasion of me ordering something savoury for breakfast ✨ savoury food definitely gives me a different type of satiety to sweet, but its good to change things up, especially when it tastes as good as this!
happy weekend friends ❤️
Spicy gochujang noodles with spinach [email protected] 🔥 a super easy recipe packed with flavour! check out the recipe below:
3 packs of ramen noodle cakes (i use gluten free @lotusfoods )
1 tsp oil
1/3 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup reserved)
3 tsp gochujang
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
5 cups of spinach, roughly chopped
1 tbsp chili oil (optional)
salt pepper to taste .
bring a large p*t of boiling water and cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain and set aside
while the noodles are cooking, add the oil to a wide skillet and sauté the minced garlic for 10 seconds and then add the sliced shallots, scallions and grated ginger. season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes until lightly browned
add the gochujang, tamari (or soy sauce) and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
next, stir in the spinach, add 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook until the leaves are wilted, 3-4 minutes
gently, add the noodles to the skillet, making sure they don’t break, as they go into the pot.
stir well to combine and continue to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed
serve hot, topped with the reserved scallions and chili oil, if using
if you're looking for plant-based recipe inspiration, check out our vegan bowls cookbook - available in e-book or hardcover at the link in our bio!
#veganfood #whatveganseat #veganrecipe #veganrecipes #plantbased #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #plantbasedfood #veganbowls #healthy
Tempeh bowl anyone? wasn’t sure what to have for dinner soo i did a bit of improv, came out with this and was pleasantly surprised :)). i’ll leave the recipe below for anyone that wants to try it out! i’m suuper tired after a long couple of days and deffo looking forward to the weekend. anyone got any fun weekend plans? x
cashew tempeh recipe
1.5 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp cashew butter (or any other nut/seed butter of your choice)
1 tsp garlic paste (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
2 tbsp water
100g tempeh, chopped into strips
stir together the tamari, cashew butter, garlic paste and water. coat the tofu strips in the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
#tempeh #veganbowl #avocado #vegandinner #veganrecipe #easyrecipe #plantbased #veganprotein #healthydinner #vegansofig #plantbasedrecipes #healthyish #veganism #veganshares #poweredbyplants #eatwellfeelwell #crueltyfreefood #veganliving #eatplants #healthyvegan #veganlove #plantbasedrecipes #eeeeeats #thrivemags #healthyish @bestofvegan @worldwideveganfood @veganshares @thrivemags @befitfoods
Indian spiced chickpeas and greens by @thecuriouschickpea. 🤤 a flavourful recipe for your next meal!
* 1 large onion, small dice⠀
* 3-4 cloves (~1 tbsp) garlic, minced⠀
* 3 cups (28 oz can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained⠀
* 1 1/2 tsp garam masala⠀
* 1/2 tsp ground turmeric⠀
* 1/2 tsp ground coriander⠀
* 1/4 tsp ground cumin⠀
* 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste⠀
* 1 tsp salt, or to taste⠀
* 2 tbsp tomato paste mixed with 1/4 cup water⠀
* 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (~1 lemon)⠀
1. heat a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat. when hot, add the oil and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and lightly golden. add the garlic, and sauté for ~ 1 minute.⠀
2. stir the chickpeas, garam masala, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and salt into the pan. in a small bowl mix the tomato paste with the 1/4 cup of water until smooth, then add to the pan. cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.⠀
3. add the kale or greens of choice and a small sprinkle of salt to the pan. let the greens wilt for about 1 minute to shrink somewhat before trying to stir them in. carefully stir as the greens wilt to mix in fully. sauté an additional 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.⠀
4. add the lemon juice, and stir, cooking 1 minute. taste and adjust seasoning as desired.⠀
5. garnish with fresh cilantro or scallion greens, and serve with basmati rice, asian noodles, or indian flatbread. finish it off with some hot sauce, sambal oelek, or plain unsweetened nondairy yogurt or raita. enjoy!⠀ for more plant-based recipes you can try at home, hit the link in our bio to sign up to our weekly newsletter! each monday, we'll send you our 7 favourite recipes - for free!
#plantbased #vegansofig #healthy #whatveganseat #veganfood #veganrecipe #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #plantbasedfood #veganbowls
What's so neat about neat? (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) 🚶🏽♂️
activity thermogenesis can be broken up into two categories ⤵️
1️⃣ exercise activity thermogenesis is energy expended from exercise that we intentionally engage in (anything you do at the gym, going on a brisk run, etc.). we focus on activity thermogenesis – calories burned while exercising – when attempting to lose weight.
2️⃣ non-exercise activity thermogenesis (neat) is the energy expended for everything we do when we’re not sleeping or exercising (hence the “non-exercise”). mowing the lawn, walking up a flight of stairs to get to the office, even the hour of fidgeting after a strong cup of black coffee in the morning are all great examples.
but did you know that the calories burned with the accumulation of all of those small neat activities would significantly outdo the calories you burned on the treadmill? 👌🏽
these past few weeks i've had to drive a van to and from work and i've noticed a drastic drop in my levels of neat. for most of us who spend monday to friday chained to our desks sending e-mails, our levels of neat are generally appalling. the difference in energy expenditure between active and sedentary jobs can run into hundreds and hundreds of calories. 🏢
the truth is we don’t move much these days. compare today’s generation to our parents or grandparents. we spend more and more time in environments that require prolonged sitting: in offices, in cars, on the couch…we spend our days shifting from one seat to another. 🤦🏽♂️
my goal for this weekend is to not use public transport, or transport of any kind to be more accurate 🙌🏽 just me legs... 🚶🏽♂️ my gym is about an hours walk each way, but come rain or shine i'll be walking it, and judging by the forecast i'm gonna need ma raincoat. 🌧 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
looking forward to the return of summer next week 🙏🏽🌞 hope you all have a great weekend! 💚
#neat #cardio #fitnesslifestyle #healthylifestyle